Digital Map Products is looking for an astute and highly motivated problem solver to analyze complex data and software issues. You will become a bridge between customer success and other departments such as Data Development, Software Engineering, and IT. You will need to be able to effectively communicate with these departments and collaborate with them to solve challenging issues that arise within our applications.
As a Technical Support Engineer you will need to use extensive discretion and judgement while solving issues as you will have access to critical sections of our databases and applications. You are a natural problem solver and someone who thrives in dynamic environments, with a knack for learning new concepts quickly and a drive to continually improve upon existing processes. This position reports to the Head of Customer Support.
What you will do:
- Research, document and escalate complex data, IT, and software issues to determine root cause. Work with engineering, data, or IT teams in order resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Directly resolve issues by applying fixes to configurable elements of our applications and backend infrastructure, or by identifying suitable workarounds.
- Monitor our backend infrastructure overall health and performance (servers and databases)
- Develop advanced workflows for clients to accomplish specialized goals.
- Analyze, update and manage assigned cases with little or no supervision
- Acquire and maintain technical expertise in assigned functional areas and utilize that expertise to effectively help customers
- Contribute to institutional knowledge capital by creating and modifying solutions for the company knowledge base.
- Serve as a backup to software and systems engineers, or to help desk, always providing high quality customer satisfaction
- Recommend and help prioritize fixes for our applications.
- Create or enhance internal tools to improve key support workflows.
Who you are:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from a top university in software engineering, computer science or equivalent technical area of study.
- 2-5 years of prior experience in SaaS Technical Support, Software Engineering, or Software Development.
- GIS training / familiarity with spatial technologies a big plus.
- Strong understanding of front and backend web applications and databases, including experience with XML, XSLT, and SQL
- Strong understanding of Internet technologies such as firewalls, web servers, web proxy servers, etc.
- Familiarity with web debugging tools such as Fiddler, WireShark, and Chrome Developer Tools.
- Outstanding problem solver and critical thinker with the ability to quickly understand and explain complicated concepts, and a superior dedication to detail.
- Good communicator (verbal and written) including the ability to actively listen, ask probing questions and interact with all levels of management
- Able to set priorities and manage a varied and heavy workload
- Must be able to customarily and regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment on all assigned projects and assigned responsibilities
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
To Apply for this Position:
Send an email to <http://www.privatedaddy.com/?q=TVoEK2RbFR1UMF07R3ZBImhGQ2xXNQ-3D-3D_777>. Please include your resume and cover letter.
NOTE: To all recruitment agencies: Digital Map Products does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to DMP employees or any other company location. DMP is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.
More About Digital Map Products
We hire and reward passionate people who’ve been instrumental to our success. Our profitable and double-digit compound annual growth over nearly the past two decades is a direct result of our talented team and our loyal customers.
As a place to work in Orange County, we take great pride in the family environment enjoyed by our employees. We have a new, tech-friendly corporate headquarters (over 22,000 square feet) just off the 73 freeway and on the edge of the campus at UC Irvine, you will love working here! With employee appreciation lunches, the constant presence of healthy snacks and a variety of flexible work options, Digital Map Products offers a great environment.
Our Company Values
Innovation: We provide unmistakable, tangible value each time we update or launch new solutions.
Solutions Focused: We provide easy-to-use technology and data solutions to speed customer decision-making.
Customer Success: We engage early and often to understand the needs and priorities of our customers.
Work-Life Balance: We provide a healthy workplace for our employees and support a true sense of time off.