Location technology has exploded in recent years and is now commonly used by businesses, governments, and consumers. Maps and location data benefit everyday decision making by offering greater efficiency and deeper insights. Digital Map Products is a leader in location technology and is on a mission to mainstream spatial technology by making it easy to implement and use, so entire organizations can work more efficiently and make better decisions.
Digital Map Products (www.digmap.com) has an immediate opening for a full-time, GIS Analyst in their Irvine, CA office. Digital Map Products is a fast-paced and growing company leading the next generation of embedded spatial technology and the preeminent pioneer in integrating land-related information into a single visual map-based interface.
What you will do:
- Perform data research, collection, analysis, processing, quality assurance, maintenance, and management.
- Analyze product requirements and develop data solutions to meet the needs.
- Aggregate data from various sources and implement analytical techniques to discover useful information supporting decision-making and solve complex issues.
- Constantly on the lookout for relevant geospatial datasets and tools that will add value to data or improve operational efficiency.
- Provide support, troubleshooting, modifications, enhancements, and maintenance for existing geospatial data processing scripts and tools.
- Develop data acceptance criteria, quality assurance plan, and automated testing routines.
- Investigate data related issues and develop resolutions.
- Manage outsourcing data projects and ensure data quality
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or related fields
- 0-2 years of experience in GIS related fields. Familiar with GIS standards, principles, best practices, open source tools and public domain data
- Knowledge and experience with geospatial data hunting, modeling, processing, analysis and quality assurance.
- Knowledge of digital data formats such as vector data, shapefiles, geospatial databases, GML, and XML. Experience with ArcGIS and open source tools (QGIS, GRASS, GDAL…etc.)
- Strong in math/statistics, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of relational database principles
About Digital Map Products
Digital Map Products is a leading provider of location technology and data covering all of North America. For more than 18 years, we’ve been on a mission to dramatically increase access to accurate parcel and property data for use by businesses and government agencies to help them make better, faster decisions.
Over 350,000 users rely upon our location technology and data every day, enabling communication to millions of their customers and constituents. We update over 72 million data records every month delivering the most accurate and timely information possible. And, in aggregate, our customers access our servers via multiple data centers more than 3.5 billion times per month (that’s 1,328 times per second).
Our cloud-based solutions help fuel some of the largest and best-known web and mobile applications in the country. You may be surprised to learn all the ways our technology and data can improve productivity on both a personal and professional level:
• On a personal level, via 3rd party applications, our solutions help you get a convenient ride home, direct you to a business location, suggest criteria to help you buy a new house, and help you look for a new mechanic to fix your car.
• On a professional level, we help commercial real estate brokers find new customers, we give an advantage to real estate developers by helping them find their next investment ahead of the competition, and we help government officials more efficiently manage day-to-day operations.
Today, the company’s geospatial mapping technology, applications and content are used by four out of the six top real estate websites, four out of the top five commercial brokerage firms, all 10 of the top home builder brands, more than 200 hundred cities and counties, and four of the largest gas and electric utility companies in the United States. We hire and reward passionate people who’ve been instrumental to our success. Our profitable and double-digit compound annual growth over nearly the past two decades is a direct result of our talented team and our loyal customers.
Our Irvine, CA Headquarters
As a place to work in Orange County, we take great pride in the family environment enjoyed by our employees. We have a new, tech-friendly corporate headquarters (over 22,000 square feet) just off the 73 freeway and on the edge of the campus at UC Irvine, you will love working here! With employee appreciation lunches, the constant presence of healthy snacks and a variety of flexible work options, Digital Map Products offers a great environment.
Our Company Values
• Innovation: We provide unmistakable, tangible value each time we update or launch new solutions.
• Solutions Focused: We provide easy-to-use technology and data solutions to speed customer decision-making.
• Customer Success: We engage early and often to understand the needs and priorities of our customers.
• Work-Life Balance: We provide a healthy workplace for our employees and support a true sense of time off.
We serve a global customer base with offices in the United States and Canada. To learn more, visit our website at www.digmap.com, find us on LinkedIn or follow us on Twitter @DMPInc.
To Apply for this Position:
Send an email to <http://www.privatedaddy.com/?q=fH4iTVV-2FM3tlFHtddlJnRFlickhxUw-3D-3D_777>. Please include your resume and cover letter.
NOTE: To all recruitment agencies: Digital Map Products does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to DMP employees or any other company location. DMP is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.