Digital Map Products is looking for a Director of Information Technology and Network Operations based “on-site” in our Irvine, California location. Reporting to the COO, the Director of Information Technology and Network Operations is a key member of company leadership.
The Director of Information Technology and Network Operations is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all I.T. functions for Digital Map Products. This currently includes the Irvine, CA HQ office as well as our Richmond Hill, ON (Canadian) location. This position includes directing all IT operations to meet internal and external customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing and future applications, on-site servers and remote data centers in both Irvine, CA, Phoenix, AZ and Richmond Hill, Ontario.
You will be responsible for the overall strategic development, management and maintenance of the IT infrastructure, ensuring our ability to scale the business while also aligning policies/processes/controls to detect vulnerabilities, mitigate security threats and minimize overall risk.
You must have a broad knowledge of complex IT concepts and functions; network/firewall administration, advanced security protocols, hardware and software diagnostics, data backup and recovery and balancing multiple active environments for optimal production performance. Additionally, you must have experience leading highly effective teams, working closely with various other functions (customer success, professional services & engineering), be skilled in project management, possess a proven background in IT management at a senior management level, and the ability and desire to be hands-on in technical issue resolution.
What you will do:
- Develop the IT strategy to support short, medium and long-term business mission and core objectives.
- Create a measurable plan to maintain the IT infrastructure for scale to proactively stay ahead of company growth.
- Manage the performance, availability, and optimization of IT systems through establishing a standard cadence of monitoring, maintenance & reporting.
- Create functional strategies and specific objectives for the function and develop budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
- Develop & manage the IT infrastructure expense & capex budget.
- Manage the research, recommendation, and selection of IT equipment, applications, and supplies.
- Provide regular project status updates on schedule, budget, and deliverables.
- Ensure the security and privacy of operational processes and IT systems to protect information and IP related assets.
- Run internal and external security audits on an as needed basis.
- Develop and maintain a Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery program.
- Develop and maintain Information Security and compliance programs.
- Develop, implement and continuously improve effective IT policies, procedures and standards.
- Negotiate service level agreements with both internal and external customers and service providers and monitor service delivery to ensure the agreed targets and standards are met.
- Analyze network and recommend upgrades/changes; assesses organization’s current and future network needs.
- Direct, attend and participate in staff meetings and related activities; attend workshops to keep up to date with Information Technology issues.
- Accountable for the management, mentoring and career development of all IT staff.
- Direct and prioritize the workload of IT personnel.
- Develop & manage IT related education programs.
- Represents the IT function at periodic operations meetings when appropriate.
- Analyze and address complex business needs presented by the customer and/or internal users and recommends technical solutions.
- Ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing and future applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Direct experience in building and developing network operations and in executing production tasks according to a documented schedule that meets or exceeds client/user expectations.
- Familiarity with working with an automated software deployment pipeline, using current market technologies.
- Produce detailed timeline for each application or application update release and implements effective project control by monitoring the progress of the software release and reporting the status.
- Review all designs, code, and unit test plans where applicable.
- Assess, evaluate and incorporate business requirements prior to the implementation of technical solutions.
- Participate in all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts.
- Perform liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of system design, modifications or troubleshooting.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of senior management experience in IT or related field.
- Strong leadership skills with experience building, growing and motivating teams.
- Substantive experience with developing Business Continuity Recovery plans & operations.
- Professional or expert level certifications in one or more of CISCO, F5, Linux+ AWS, CompTIA Server+, CRISC or similar is highly preferred.
- Security certification such as CISSP, SANS GSEC, or CISM, CompTIA CASP or similar is highly preferred.
- Ability to monitor and recognize changes or advancements in technology to drive efficient scale and a competitive advantage.
- Experience and knowledge with the evolution of current technologies, products, and best practices used in the industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Cloud-based/SaaS/PaaS/DaaS software industry experience.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Flexibility to travel up to 15% of the time which may include international travel.
- Must maintain a U.S. valid passport.
To Apply for this Position:
Send an email to <http://www.privatedaddy.com/?q=TH0eeWV8D09VF0dpRlFbcGlhQktNZw-3D-3D_777>. Please include your resume and cover letter.
NOTE: To all recruitment agencies: Digital Map Products does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to DMP employees or any other company location. DMP is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.
More About Digital Map Products
We hire and reward passionate people who’ve been instrumental to our success. Our profitable and double-digit compound annual growth over nearly the past two decades is a direct result of our talented team and our loyal customers.
As a place to work in Orange County, we take great pride in the family environment enjoyed by our employees. We have a new, tech-friendly corporate headquarters (over 22,000 square feet) just off the 73 freeway and on the edge of the campus at UC Irvine, you will love working here! With employee appreciation lunches, the constant presence of healthy snacks and a variety of flexible work options, Digital Map Products offers a great environment.
Our Company Values
Innovation: We provide unmistakable, tangible value each time we update or launch new solutions.
Solutions Focused: We provide easy-to-use technology and data solutions to speed customer decision-making.
Customer Success: We engage early and often to understand the needs and priorities of our customers.
Work-Life Balance: We provide a healthy workplace for our employees and support a true sense of time off.